Blinkist

Yummy Peanut Butter Bars



I have to confess that I am not a big fan of chocolates...I know that makes me a weird person :). The only form of chocolates that I devour eating is the caramel and peanut butter variety. Snickers has been my favourite chocolate ever since I tasted it.
I had bought this peanut butter jar from the market but somehow did not like it with my sandwiches. It was lying in the fridge since almost 6 months now. This Sunday while spring cleaning, I came across the jar and then decided to look for recipes online to finish it off.
After being inspired by the numerous recipes online, here is my recipe for Peanut Butter Bars.

Method
  1. Take a glass bowl and melt ½ cup of butter with ½ cup of peanut butter in the microwave for 1 minute. You can melt it on a pan too on the stove 
  2. Take 8 Marie Biscuits (I used Sunfeast Marie) and frind them to a coarse powder in the mixer.Take ½ cup sugar and grind them in mixer 
  3. Now fold in the powdered marie biscuits and sugar. I also folded in ½ cup white oats in an attempt to make it healthier ;) This is how the mixture looks at this stage.





4. Take a baking try or an aluminium plate and grease it with butter.


5. Now pour the above mixture to form the first layer


6. Again in a glass bowl, melt 1 cup chocolate chips with ¼ cup butter. Mix well and spread on the first layer. I did not have chocolate chips and as a substitute I added ¼ cup cocoa powder, 1/4 cup milk powder, ¼ cup castor sugar and ¼ cup milk. Whisked them well and spread it on top of the first layer


7. Refrigerate for an hour. Cut into slices and serve.


The above measurements make about 20 one inch square pieces of chocolate.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Boost your productivity by reading more in less time.