Blinkist

Smoky Flavored Carrot Salad



This is a simple Salad I had first tasted in a my native village. I like it so much that I eat it like a side dish. It has a special smoky flavor which I absolutely adore.




Method
  1. Grate 2 carrots
  2. Add 4-5 tsp of freshly grated coconut and chopped coriander leaves
  3. Add a pinch of sugar, salt to taste and around juice of half a lemon and mix well.
  4. You can add red chilli powder or slit green chillies if you like. 
  5. You can also burn one coal piece on stove till its red hot, place it in a bowl of salad, add 2-3 drops of coconut oil on top of it and cover with a lid for the salad to absorb the smoky flavour.


Traditionally we also give a chaukh (seasoning with mustard seeds, hing and curry leaves) but I like it just like this. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Boost your productivity by reading more in less time.